Announcing ART WORKS
the Carlow Arts Festival and VISUAL Carlow Annual Open Submission and Art Award, sponsored by Hotron
Artists are invited to submit their work in any medium for selection. The 2019 exhibition will be presented entirely in VISUAL’s Main Gallery, Carlow from 4 June – August 31. All artists will receive an artist’s fee.
This year’s Art Works Open Submission invites artists to submit work that responds to the song lyric:
We are gathered here today
To get through this thing called life
Let’s go crazy, Prince. 1984
The final selection of artist’s works will be presented in the Main Gallery at VISUAL
There will be two awards, sponsored by Hotron for outstanding work presented:
- The ART WORKS Award of €3000, will be presented for the most outstanding work in any medium.
- The Éigse Prize of €1000 will be presented for work by a recent graduate (2017/2018/2019) selected for the most outstanding work in any medium.
SELECTORS Festival Director Jo Mangan, and Emma-Lucy O’Brien Curator, VISUAL with a further selector to be announced in January 2019.
- Submission deadline is 22nd February 2019 @5pm
- All work submitted must have been completed between 2017 and 2019
- Submitted work must be available for sale.
- Film – based work may be submitted as part of the online process (YouTube or Vimeo link).
- Performative work and large scale work will be considered.
- Work is accepted for exhibition on merit. Copyright of all work is the property of the artist. Carlow Arts Festival and VISUAL, Carlow reserve the right to photograph work for publicity purposes.
To submit piece(s) please complete this form:
Once you have submitted your application, please complete submission of €10 per piece via the Paypal buttons below. A submission is only considered complete on receipt of payment.
|NUMBER OF SUBMISSIONS|
|SUBMISSION 1 €10.00 EUR SUBMISSION 2 €20.00 EUR SUBMISSION 3 €30.00 EUR SUBMISSION 4 €40.00 EUR SUBMISSION 5 €50.00 EUR|
Carlow Arts Festival is a vibrant multi-disciplinary festival built on a deep belief in creating space for discovery, delight and disruption. Our programme embraces the world of virtuosic artists to resonate, inspire and collaborate with our community. We champion the need for audiences to experience transformative art, to encounter diverse perspectives, and through participation to be included in the act of discovery. The surprise of a profound or joyous response as part of an immersive festival experience is what we want to offer to everyone.
Our Values are Creativity, Collaboration, Innovation, Participation, Inclusion, Diversity, and Passion.
Our Place is Carlow.