Carlow Arts Festival Privacy Statement
CARLOW ARTS FESTIVAL
Carlow Arts Festival is committed to protecting your privacy and the festival complies with the Data Protection principles set out in the relevant legislation. This Policy applies to all Personal Data collected, processed and stored by Carlow Arts Festival in relation to its staff, service providers and clients in the course of its activities.
The policy covers both personal and sensitive personal data held in relation to data subjects by Carlow Arts Festival. The policy applies equally to personal data held in manual and automated form. All Personal and Sensitive Personal Data will be treated with equal care by Carlow Arts Festival. Both categories will be equally referred-to as Personal Data in this policy, unless specifically stated otherwise.
Information we collect:
- Email/postal Address
- Phone Number
- Other contact information that you may submit to us
For data to be obtained fairly, you will, at the time the data is being collected, be made aware of:
- The identity of the Data Controller (Carlow Arts Festival)
- The purpose(s) for which the data is being collected
- The person(s) to whom the data may be disclosed by the Data Controller
- Any other information that is necessary so that the processing may be fair.
Carlow Arts Festival will meet this obligation in the following way.
- Your informed consent will be sought before your data is processed;
- Where it is not possible to seek consent, Carlow Arts Festival will ensure that collection of the data is justified under one of the other lawful processing conditions – legal obligation, contractual necessity, etc.;
- Where Carlow Arts Festival intends to record activity on CCTV or video, a Fair Processing Notice will be posted in full view;
- Your data will not be disclosed to a third party other than to a party contracted to Carlow Arts Festival and operating on its behalf.
Storing and use of information you provide
Carlow Arts Festival will:
- Ensure that administrative and IT validation processes are in place to conduct regular assessments of data accuracy;
- Conduct periodic reviews and audits to ensure that relevant data is kept accurate and up-to-date. Carlow Arts Festival conducts a review of sample data every six months to ensure accuracy.
- Conduct regular assessments in order to establish the need to keep certain Personal Data.
Disclosure of information to third parties
In the course of its role as Data Controller, Carlow Arts Festival engages a number of Data Processors to process Personal Data on its behalf. In each case, a formal, written contract is in place with the Processor, outlining their obligations in relation to the Personal Data, the specific purpose or purposes for which they are engaged, and the understanding that they will process the data in compliance with the Irish Data Protection legislation and EU General Data Protection Regulation. We will never trade your personal details with third parties.
Carlow Arts Festival will employ high standards of security in order to protect the personal data under its care. Appropriate security measures will be taken to protect against unauthorised access to, or alteration, destruction or disclosure of any personal data held by Carlow Arts Festival in its capacity as Data Controller. Access to and management of staff and customer records is limited to those staff members who have appropriate authorisation and password access.
Subject Access Requests
Any formal, written request by you for a copy of your personal data (a Subject Access Request) will be referred, as soon as possible, to the Data Protection Officer, and will be processed as soon as possible. It is intended that by complying with these guidelines, Carlow Arts Festival will adhere to best practice regarding the applicable Data Protection legislation.
Collection and Retention of Data
Carlow Arts Festival will ensure that the data it processes in relation to you is relevant to the purposes for which those data are collected. Data which are not relevant to such processing will not be acquired or maintained.
If you have a compaint regarding your data or wish to contact us regarding your data, you can contact the festival at email@example.com or write to
The Data Protection Officer,
Carlow Arts Festival
9 Dublin Street,