Carlow Arts Festival Marketing Intern
Carlow Arts Festival wish to appoint an enthusiastic marketing intern to help us develop and implement our marketing strategies. The successful candidate will be enrolled full-time in a major university or college and studying marketing or communications or will be a recent graduate. We’re looking for a driven, ambitious individual who wants to provide creative ideas in a professional context to help create a career in social media and content marketing. We provide extensive training, guidance and support, as well as the opportunity to experience the industry from the inside and gain valuable work experience. Ideally the candidate will have a creative outlook with an arts background or a strong interest in the arts; general administration experience is desirable
Role commences in January 2018 and the organisation will work with the successful candidate to create a flexible schedule that suits both parties. The role attracts a small stipend to cover expenses.
As a marketing intern, you will work with our Marketing Manager on all stages of marketing campaigns. Your insightful contribution will help develop, expand and maintain our marketing channels. This internship will help you acquire marketing skills and provide you with knowledge of various marketing strategies. Ultimately, you will gain broad experience in marketing and should be prepared to enter any fast-paced work environment.
- Collect quantitative and qualitative data from marketing campaigns
- Perform market analysis and research on competition
- Support the marketing manager in daily administrative tasks for example, proofing documents, posters, flyers and programme, creating online google forms
- Assist in marketing and advertising promotional activities (e.g. social media, direct mail and web)
- Prepare promotional presentations
- Help distribute marketing materials (posters/programmes)
- Website updating
- Manage and update company database and customer relationship management systems (CRM)
- Help organise events
- Strong desire to learn along with professional drive
- To work within a team, but will need to be self-motivated and able to work independently to tight deadlines and schedules.
- Solid understanding of different marketing techniques
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office
- Familiarity with marketing computer software and online applications (e.g. CRM tools, Online analytics and Google AdWords)
- Passion for the arts and marketing industry and its best practices
Email FAO Jo Mangan Director Carlow Arts Festival firstname.lastname@example.org by 20th October 2017.
Candidates will be interviewed for the position